Clifford L. Greenberg
Clifford L. Greenberg, Esq. has devoted his entire legal career to helping children and families. After graduating from the George Washington University School of Law, he joined the Legal Aid Society’s Juvenile Rights Division in Manhattan as a Law Guardian, where he worked tirelessly to ensure that our city’s foster children were protected and placed in loving, permanent homes.
Following his time at Legal Aid, Cliff served as counsel to numerous agencies in proceedings to free youth for adoption, and began representing parents in the adoptions of their foster children. To date, he has helped over 4000 New Yorkers adopt the children they love.
Cliff regularly lectures at 20 foster care agencies, as well as at statewide adoption conferences and meetings, including the Administration for Children’s Services Circle of Support gatherings, where he educates prospective adoptive parents about the legal process. He is the author of three children’s books on adoption and has consistently been recognized for his dedication, most recently by the New York State Foster and Adoptive Parent Association, Families Forever Adoption Group, and the Forestdale Foster and Adoptive Parent Association Executive Board.
As the resident legal expert of the monthly Family Law Clinic at The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Community Center in Greenwich Village, he is extremely proud of his work with same-sex couples and has recently completed a new children’s book about a young girl’s adoption by two loving mothers. Cliff strongly feels that LGBTQ equality is “the civil rights movement of our generation.” He encourages agencies and the adoption community to “embrace the change and live the dream.”
Apart from being a single father to his two young children, adoption is the love of Cliff’s life and his efforts to help loving families puts him in the forefront of adoption attorneys in the Empire State.
- New York, 1990
- New Jersey, 1990
- George Washington University Law School, Washington, District of Columbia
- University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: International Relations
- My Grandma is My New Mommy, Trafford; Children's Book, 2007
- I See You, I See Me, Trafford; Children's Book, 2007
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Academy of Adoption Attorneys, 2006 - Present
- New York State Foster & Adoptive Parents Association, 2003 - Present
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York, 2000
- New York County Lawyers Association, 1999
Past Employment Positions
- Legal Aid Society, Juvenile Rights Division, Law Guardian, 1990 - 1992