Adoption a child can be one of life's most rewarding experiences. But, before prospective parents can experience the joy from an adoption, families are often required to jump through many hurdles.
Greenberg Adoption: The Law Offices of Clifford L. Greenberg was established to help families successfully complete the journey to finalization of their adoption. Since 1993, our law firm has helped more than 4,000 families form through adoption. We are committed to guiding potential parents through this exciting journey, while seeking to eliminate any unnecessary roadblocks and we are able to do so because of our extensive experience in the adoption field of law.
Offering a Wide Range of Adoption Services in New York City
Greenberg Adoption focuses exclusively on adoption law. New York adoption attorney Clifford Greenberg and his legal team have more than 20 years of experience representing same-sex couples, birth mothers and prospective adoptive parents. We also have experience providing counsel to local adoption agencies. Our comprehensive background allows us to offer a variety of adoption services such as:
- LGBT/second-parent adoptions: We are committed to assisting same-sex couples looking to adopt children. Our legal team believes all loving parents should have a right to form families through adoptions, regardless of their sexual orientation.
- Stepparent adoptions: We have extensive experience advising stepparents interested in formally adopting their stepchildren. We understand that stepparent adoptions can involve personal and emotional complications. Our legal team is committed to making the process as seamless as possible.
- Private adoptions: Our family law attorneys have a strong background helping prospective parents adopt children through private agency adoptions. If you are wondering if this is the right approach for your family, contact our NYC adoption law firm today. Your first consultation will be free of charge so you can explore your options without any risks.
- Foster care adoptions: We are committed to helping foster parents formally adopt the children they love. Adoption attorney Clifford Greenberg regularly lectures at foster care agencies and conferences throughout New York on foster care adoptions. He is highly knowledgeable on the family court system in New York and can guide you through the legal process.
- Kinship/grandparent adoptions: Every family dynamic is unique. If it is in your grandchild's best interests to have you as legally named as the parent, we will guide you through the process of gaining parental rights. Cliff has even written a children's book on the subject called My Grandma is My New Mommy.
- Joint adoptions: Not every adoption needs to be traditional. We believe that loving couples don't have to be married in order to adopt. Our legal team can help partners and pairs even if they are not legally married.
- Re-adoptions: International adoptions are recognized by the federal government when the adopted child enters the United States. However, even if the federal government recognizes the adoption, New York state may not. We offer re-adoption services to make the adoption legal in New York and nationwide.
- Adult adoptions: New York has no legal limits for when someone can be adopted. Adult adoptions can also be beneficial when individuals have mental and physical impairments.
Contact Our NYC Same-Sex Adoption Lawyers for a Free Consultation
Whether you are considering a stepparent adoption, private adoption, LGBT adoption or another form of adoption, we will guide you through the process step-by-step. Contact our New York City adoption lawyers to understand your adoption options and identify the best approach for your specific goals and circumstances. We offer complimentary consultation at our law firm located on Seventh Avenue in Chelsea, across from Penn Station and Madison Square Garden.